Monday, August 22, 2011

The 23-Inch Lion Force Voltron Set. My Thoughts...

As I said in my last post, I've never really been a heavy supporter of Mattel's work- especially when it came to Voltron. BUT, after seeing the new 23-Inch Voltron at SDCC11, I'm very eager and excited to get my hands on it! The only thing I see wrong with this set, is the legs of the lions being show-accurate grey/white, instead of chrome.  But, at the same time, if u DO want screen accuracy- they aced it. I've already got the entire series ordered and, just as the Lion Force Club states: As the lions are released throughout the year, I'll recieve them all, until I'm able to complete Voltron- which, after seeing it, will be pretty freaking impressive. The fact that they were able to make the pilot figures as posable as they seem to look- shocks me.

But I'll be honest folks...I'm an ORIGINAL Voltron Force fan, not the secondary line-up, with Princess Allura in it. No offense to her, I just prefer to have Sven on the team- instead of her. I was introduced to Voltron with him in it- so I prefer to sustain the team in that line-up. Frankly, I'll probably just re-sell her figure on Ebay- I don't see myself using it.

The Voltron Force toys look amazing....they really do. Very rarely, does an American company pull off a toyline THIS well. Mattel really got their s--- together, they seriously did. It shows. I can't wait to hold these lions and drool all over'em- Mattel really proved themselves.

AT LEAST for the moment- because as a collector, there's always a chance that something may LOOK nice, but once it's in ur hands, pieces start popping off constantly, things break that u never thought were capable of breaking, and the paintjob's got some problems in a considerable amount of spots.

As of right now- Mattel has done a wonderful job. Once I get my hands on these lions, we'll see if Mattel's sealed the deal on the "Ultimate Voltron Toy."

No comments: